CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

100 Things

I saw this on Shyla's Blog. I thought this was such a neat idea, that I decided to do it too. The one's I've done are in green, the one's I haven't are in black...

Go ahead and copy it to your blog too, just be sure to give credit where credit is due :)

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band. (And yes I did play--eventually...)
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland (If Disney World Counts, than I have been there!!)
8. Held a praying mantis. (I think I've touched one, but technically I do not think I held it).
9. Climbed a mountain (If going on our fourth year hike counts, then yes, if not, well, I need to get into shape and climb Timp).
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea--does it count if it was from an airplane?
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch (does scrappin' count?)
15. Adopted a child (we sponsored a child for the Caveteam class when I was a senior...)
16. Had food poisoning (not a major case, but I am sure I have had a number of minor cases...I honestly think everyone has to some extent or another--this is according to the food safety courses I have taken...)
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight (does smothering James with a pillow count--oh wait, you did not read that)
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you weren't ill--that's what I did my whole Sophomore year of HS
24. Built a snow fort--we got these cool brick maker things when we were kids, but I wasn't very good at it... so my fort wasn't exactly very big
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping--haven't gone TPing either
27. Ran a marathon--I could barely run a 5k
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset--my favorite was staying up all night with my best friend, Lucy, to watch the sunrise, we were like 10 or 11, it was great
31. Hit a home run--maybe not in a real game, but a pick-up style game, and on video games
32. Been on a cruise--it was a cruise of a bay, on a paddle boat, by Corpus Christi, counting
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language--took French through school, wish I could remember it
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing--tried rack wall's, I suck, but I suppose you could count Vedawoo or my cousin's property in the same area, I climbed around on rock formations there, I'm counting that!
40. Seen Michelangelo's David--in a a book and on TV
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt--this one is truly sad to me, hel-lo, I was born and raised in Wyoming and I have never been to Yellowstone, total bummer (and with the current level of geothermal activity--it may go up at any moment)
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant--benefits of being the restaurant manager :)
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight--I think I may have done this as a kid when we camped at the lake
46. Been transported in an ambulance--I was not the patient, but I rode to the hospital in the ambulance with Brandon, I think Bob drove my car, shh don't tell, he didn't have his license yet
47. Had your portrait painted--I had my portrait drawn in pastels when I was three
48. Gone deep sea fishing--my name is also the name of a deep sea fish (Bonita)
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling--used my brother mask and snorkel in the swimming pool where we used to live
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud--this was one of my favorite pastimes as a kid, making mud pies, obviously a precursor to my cake decorating abilities
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie--it was only a movie we made for youth conference on the Mormon pioneers, but it was still a movie!
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason--James did this all through HS (when we still lived in Laramie), I always had fresh flowers, guess he thought he did it enough back then, of course now, I'd probably rather have scrap stuff
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
68. Flown in a helicopter--flown in a small plane
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt--helped tie a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job--thanks for rubbing salt in that wound--stupid Cabela's anyway
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book--I've been published in a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car--had several "brand new to me cars" but mom and dad bought Susie brand new when I was real little
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible--not sure I could get through the begats, but I have read the Book of Mormon all the way through
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone's life--depending on how you look at it, but I believe yes I have
90. Sat on a jury--yay Grand Jury--people just do NOT know what they are missing
91. Met someone famous--even have my photo with a few and have some autographs
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake--not the most fun thing in the world, the mud is really squishy and it smells bad
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone--my first one wasn't like Zack Morris' phone on Saved By The Bell but it was the next size down
99. Been stung by a bee--in the middle of my back-ow
100. Read an entire book in one day--several

Makes me wonder what else I could add, or what else I have missed in life... I'll have to think about that one.

Until Next time...

1 comments:

Susie J. said...

I think I counted 39 that I've done.