Today I went for round two of chemo. Okay, so I have been once, so I know what to expect, right? NOT!
First, they had to do blood draws and send them to the lab, because the doctor's office didn't do it yesterday, which I did find a little strange, but what do I know this is the first time I have undergone chemo.
So, while we waited for my labs, the nurse started the pre-meds, zofran [for anti-nausea], a steroid, that I can never remember the name of, benadryl--yay benadryl!!! In case if reaction or rash, who cares it's benadryl!!!
My labs came back and my white blood cell count was a little high, so they thought I might have some type of infection. At the end of my infusion I had to provide a urine sample for them to test and see if I might have a UTI. I had told them that today and one day last week I felt like I had been kicked in the kidneys, so they wondered. I'll find out about that tomorrow.
The reason I'll find out tomorrow is, I have to go back and get a shot of Nulasta? I think that is what it is called, it is to help keep my white cell count in the appropriate range. I'm still learning as I go. But still it is a shot, ugh, I don't want to get a shot.... Whaaaaaaa!
Okay, sob story over.
I feel okay, took a nap today during treatment, until the machine started beeping, I so love that machine, it is such a nice beep that it makes when the medicine runs out or there is a kink or block in the line... NOT!!!
Mom took me and stayed a bit, and James came later and stayed with me and brought me home. I'm still feeling okay, thought I think bedtime will be coming soon. I just wish my ankles would quit hurting. That seem to be the worst part, so far...
Had a nice lunch, chicken breast with melted cheese and mushrooms, wild rice pilaf, mixed veggies, with green beans, orange and yellow carrots, red peppers, a fruit cup with pineapple and fruit I am not completely familiar with, but tasted good just the same, a wheat roll, cran-raspberry juice, and vanilla/chocolate pudding cup. My favorite part of the whole meal, the pudding cup! Than I had graham crackers, Oreos, and vanilla sandwich cookies later on with some orange juice. Everything was pretty tasty, thus far. Mom made red-ronies, or glop, or what ever you want to call it, pasta noodles (she couldn't find the elbow macaroni) with ground beef and tomato sauce, it was good. We also had green beans, salad, and I had some celery with cream cheese, which is the best way I know to make celery unhealthy! So I ate pretty well today, hope I can eat tomorrow, or it will be saltines, applesauce and milk, which is all okay, but not necessarily the best of nutrition.
Okay, I think I have sufficiently babbled enough, I am going to put my feet up, cause my ankles hurt. I know they said the herceptin can make my feet and hands swell, but this pain in my ankles, It's like I have been standing all day.
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




1 comments:
I continue to pray for you my friend.
Post a Comment