CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 18, 2007

Can I sing?

I did something a little out of the ordinary tonight...

I tried out for a play. Not just any play, but a musical. I went and sang a song to audition for Guys and Dolls. That is my absolute favorite musical of all times. I've loved it since I was little, even if I didn't get all the dialogue until I was older.

Mom even gave me a copy of the movie on DVD. (It was funny though, because I saw it when she came home from the store with it and she fibbed to me, telling me it was for Bob--I was heartbroken at the time, but really happy and excited when she gave it to me and said she fooled me with her ploy).

I went to the American Fork Library where the tryouts were being held. I had looked and looked for music to audition with, but couldn't find any good Broadway stuff I wanted to use. I didn't want to try out with G&D music. When I spoke to a sister in my stake, she said she was involved with the production, but she had heard people try out with I am a child of God, so I figured what the heck... I tried out with I Know that My Redeemer Lives only I sang in French. Woo hoo! I was trying to do something that they might remember me by at least if nothing else. I don't know how many people they are casting, and I doubt I would get a lead or anything, but it's be cool to be a part of!

Anyway, I just had to share that little tidbit of news at my end of the world. I'll let you know as soon as I find out whether or not I get a part. If I do, they are putting it on in July (toward the end).

Until next time...

1 comments:

Susie J. said...

HOW COOL!!!!! Good luck, and I hope it is tons of fun.