CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Feelin' (not so) Groovy...

Okay, well since my last post was about me trying out for Guys and Dolls I need to say that I received NO PART WHATSOEVER!!!!

Guess that answers my previous question... I can't sing... That's not true and I know it. I tried to find out why I didn't get a part, if it was my singing, my appearance, my availability, my lack of experience, what? The answer I got back was they had 70 people try out and only 35 parts to fill. Whatever. It's okay, I didn't want to be in their dumb play anyway... (pouting here).

Then there's the recent drama... James has been in the hospital for just over a week. I sent out an email to a few about it, I'm going to re-post that here, so if you've read it once, you can skip the BLUE part...

I should've done this earlier, but I got tied up, distracted, etc...

Last Sunday, I took James up to the ER at the University of Utah hospital because he had been running high fevers for a few days and said his lower lobe of his left lung felt like it was full of fluid. I had been rubbing his back ti try and help with the pain and rubbed a little on his side and he was in agony just from me touching him. He couldn't take a breath deeply or anything.

So we went up to the hospital. While in the ER they had to give him two doses of morphine to help with the pain. They admitted him Sunday night. On Monday they had him do PFTs (for those of you who do not know it stands for pulmonary function tests--and it has to do with how the lungs are functioning and taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide). His PFTs were at 48 and 49 (that's % of where they should be functioning). Usually when he gets sick they admit him if they are below 75, so you can see how bad off he really was.

He also had an abscess on his skin that dermatology lanced and drained. He also has a spot on his leg where it looks like eczema or psoriasis or something and has looked bad for a long time they were trying to treat. They were also trying to figure out why he kept spiking fevers.

They also did a few more x-rays (besides the one they did in the ER). His upper right lobe of his lung is collapsed. But it didn't hurt, so he had no idea. The doctor said it is collapsed likely due to the infection. It isn't bad enough for them to insert a tube and re-inflate that way, they are just pumping him full of meds and giving him breathing treatments; and making him do physical rehab (walking in the treadmill). Yesterday I kept trying to get him to eat, he kept saying he wasn't hungry.

Anyway, Thought I'd give you all this much of an update. I was supposed to go do some stuff this morning, but I guess everything caught up to me and I was just passed out asleep. Couldn't open my eyes... I've got to go help mom sell poppies for Memorial day this afternoon and then James wanted me to come back up to the hospital tonight. So I won't be home until probably tomorrow sometime.

He'll likely be in the hospital two weeks for sure, maybe longer depending on how better he gets and stuff.

Thanks for thinking of us and such and I'll keep you posted.

I may post on my blog too, so if you want to check that, here's the address for that...

http://b-josbabblings.blogspot.com

Love you all,

B-Jo

Well, he has to do his PFTs again this afternoon. They're scheduled for 1 PM or 1:30 PM, can't remember, my brain is mush!

I have to apply for jobs and jobs and jobs!!!

My insurance through J's work is $300 a month--so not worth it for me!!! I'm debating about whether or not to keep it. Of course like mom said, "You're damned if you do and damned if you don't." About the time I decide to be rid of it, something bad would happen. I remember saying to our State Farm agent, insurance is the only stuff you buy that you hope you don't have to use. It's ridiculous.

I cannot remember if I wanted to say anything worthwhile here or not... Figures! I told you, mush brain. Jello brain, something brain tat isn't functioning properly. Go figure.

Oh well, I guess I'll figure it out later, if I do, I'll be back.

Until then....

1 comments:

Susie J. said...

YIKES!! We'll keep him in our prayers. (((hugs))) for both of you.