CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Just some ponderings

Last night before bed (or while I was trying to read and James' brain wouldn't shut off--so he pestered me) James and I were talking.

The intro to this is I spent somewhere between seven and eight hours at mom's house yesterday going over the bill from the office where J goes for his counseling. He is almost done (thank heavens) but in the process of reviewing the bill and putting into a spreadsheet so we could figure out what was messed up, I got frustrated and angry. So did mom. We found things J was charged for that he should not have been. It was making me crazy.

Well, when I was trying to read and James started to talk to me about just trying to get it over with and pay what we supposedly owe and not make waves, so he can just be done, I really did understand, but I also explained to him about how I have always championed the underdog and only the night before he had said something about the other guys who were probably being screwed by the same man (who owns the counseling office). The man is a jerk, I cannot actually type out other words I would choose to refer to this man. In fact I am not sure there are words strong enough to convey my dislike of this man. I have previously mentioned to others that if I were to actually, truly HATE anyone, it would be this man. Even more than those who may have victimized me. Does that tell you my opinion of this man?

So J just wants to "bend over and take it up the tale pipe" to quote Jim Carey from Liar, Liar. And basically be done with it, but I still feel like I want to fight, it's like someone else picking on my little brother, it is okay for me, but not for anyone else (not that any of my younger brothers are actually littler than me anymore, and chances are they would likely defend me instead of vice versa, but you get what I mean). J is mine, and if I treat him a certain way, it's okay (not really, but I am trying to make a point here). Anyone else who screws with my J, screws with me too. That's part of being married, being a family. I know J understands this point too, but he doesn't want to fight, he just wants to be done.

I get it, but I want to defend him too. Can anyone help me figure this out?

0 comments: