CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Code Name--Mediots

So tonight on the news, they related a story about the Secret Service Code Names for the President Elect and his family as well as the Vice-President elect and his wife. James is watching this snippet and asking, "what the hell?" Why would they announce this? So as part of the report, the anchor says that code names are no longer kept secret and are a part of public record because of the difficulty to break through and eavesdrop on encrypted transmissions, etc. But he thinks that maybe they reported the names, but are really using other ones?

If you go to this link from the Washington Post, you can read more about it... Or see this link for an NBC version out of Alabama.

Anyway you look at it, Renegade, Renaissance, Radiance, Rosebud, Celtic, and Capri are taken nicknames for the next four to eight years, oh did I say nicknames, I meant code names...

Until next time....

Oh yeah...the title for this entry, take media + idiots=mediots

1 comments:

Susie J. said...

must. use. new. word.... I love that mediots word. And yeah, I thought the same thing as J.