CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Episcoplalian Midnight Mass

So last night, James and I trekked up to Foothill Boulevard to attend Midnight Mass at the All Saints Episcopal Church in Salt Lake City.

The reason we chose to do this is because James used to attend Midnight Mass with his parents as a child. He wanted to share some of his family history with me.

It was a very beautiful experience, and while I may not be of the Episcopal religion, I was very moved by the service and I myself could feel the Spirit as we were all there to worship our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I was touched by the sermon offered by the Rev. R. Micheal Mayor. His message was a beautiful message reminding all that God is there, for us and with us, and that He love us. It was during this message that I was truly touched by the Holy Ghost, as I was reminded that Heavenly Father does truly love me, and so does the Savior and that I am forgiven as I repent. It was such a beautiful thing to be reminded of on such a wonderful occasion of Christmas.

So thank you to my sweet husband for having the desire to take me to the service. Thank you to the All Saints Church for opening their hearts and doors to all in celebration of the Savior's birth. Thank you to the Rev. Mayor for offering such a beautiful sermon, reminding us that God loves us and is with us. Thank you to Mom and Dad for staying with Foster. Thanks be to Heavenly Father for sending his Son, Jesus Christ into the world for the benefit of all.

May everyone be blessed to know God's love and I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

This is my prayer on this Christmas Day, 2008, Amen.

0 comments: