Made dinner for James tonight. He likes stuffed bell peppers.
Now it starts before this, I took two pounds of ground beef and one pound of ground sausage and brown them. I chopped an onion and crushed and minced some garlic and cooked with the ground beef mixture. I then divided this mixture into three parts.
One part was used in a yummy chunky vegetable marinara sauce for spaghetti last week. Green pepper chunks, mushrooms, zucchini pieces, diced tomatoes, oh that was good spaghetti.
The second part is what I used tonight to make the peppers. So, ground beef mixture, I reheated in frying pan. I had cooked a package of white rice--almost like sticky rice the way it turned out--Cindy might be proud... After the meat mixture had heated, I stirred in some of the rice, stirred and let it cook some with the meat. I then chopped fresh tomatoes and stirred those into the meat mixture. I added some coarse ground pepper and seasoned salt. I also squeezed in prepared mustard and then stirred in some shredded cheese. At this point I turned off the heat.
On a foil covered sheet pan, I sprayed some pan release (think Pam) and then I stuffed six green pepper halves with my meat/rice mix. Put those in a preheated 350º F oven and let them bake for 30 minutes.
I am not sure if James ate three or four, but he said they were yummy! And he also went on about being spoiled recently by my cooking. I mean, last week the spaghetti sauce sent him reeling--he loved it. Then I took a pork roast, cut into steaks/chops, made my own Shake'n'Bake--except I fried them in some oil on the stove top. Even I really like those and was well pleased with my panko breaded chops...
He asked me if he was dying and these were his last meals. He said he knew he was dying if I made him his Swiss Steak that he likes made with Alphabet soup (how his mom made it) with mashed potatoes... Just gotta work in some things I like too. I've been thinking about taco salad for about a week and a half now--or tacos, or something, well, I guess it was tacos first and then it was taco salad when I read a comment on Susie's fb status...
I am not planning on killing him off and I don't mind cooking, I just hate the clean up and I prefer to have the TV where I can watch/listen while I am doing... I blame mom for leaving the TV on while I napped... TV is my woobie, I guess.
Now that I am completely off where I started... I'll be working on cake the next couple of days too... And maybe some cookies, we'll see...




1 comments:
I tried to leave a comment on your other blog, but Blogger is doing strange things today, and I couldn't post it.
Thanks for visiting my blog during the OWH bloghop. I hope you share some of your talents by helping us make cards for the troops. We have a great time, and there is always something to learn on the Operation Write Home Stars and Stamps blog. I need to come back later and check out more of your creations!
Post a Comment