It would be to everyone's displeasure if I didn't put my little dog here, right?
Can I put more than one?
Wait, what's that?
This is my blog.
OH YEAH!!!
Then I CAN put more than one!
HOORAY!!!!!
The first dog in my life was Punkin. Mom got her as a puppy while she was pregnant with me. I grew up with Punkin. She and I hid together during thunderstorms. She was very protective of her family, this meant her mom and her kids mostly.
We had to let Grandpa Bob put Punkin down when I was 14. That was one of the hardest things I ever had to go through. She was a sibling, even if she was furry.
I also had Little Bit and Puppy that I grew up with... But they were Grandma and Grandpa's (technically Puppy was mom's, but he lived at Grandma's house).
Later, the summer after I graduated from high school, we got Rascal. Again, a sibling for me. Rascal, he was one of a kind, after he was made, they broke the mold. All the great times with Rascal make me happy. I am glad James got to be with him at the end of his time, and now I am certain Rascal is with James, doing whatever work has to be done.
![]() |
| Can I come in? |
![]() |
| This is my baby and I love him |
| James and Rascal |
That brings me to my four-year-old, Foster. Foster McShadow was acquired in July of 2008. He was his daddy's pride and joy. He can also be a momma's boy (and we are especially grateful he had his grandma during important formative times, or he would be very ill-mannered (he has traits I would like to get rid of).
| Baby Foster |
| What's that? |
| Puppy loves his mommy |
| Grandma, I am not on the couch, I am on my daddy... |
![]() |
| snuggled in bed |
![]() |
| Rug-o-war with dad |
![]() |
| Concentrating on the ball |
I also have Kini (short for Illukini). Kini is my brother, Dale's, dog. Dale, Cindy, J2 and Shinook are in Korea and should be home in January or February, I think. Kini has been here with me since they went almost three years ago. Sometimes I feel like he gets neglected more than he should. But he is ever loving and sweet to me. I often call him Kini-beaners or just Beaners, or Bean-Bean... Foster and Kini cannot be together in the house. But they still wanna be together sometimes, and one often gets jealous of the other.
![]() |
| Cuddles with Aunt B |
![]() |
| laying with Aunt B |
![]() |
| Aunt B, I'm sleepin' here |
![]() |
| Uncle Jimmy's O2 hose is caught on my nose... |
![]() |
| Cone of Shame :( |
The biggest reason I am so thankful for the dogs, is they have taught me unconditional love. I am especially grateful for Foster and Kini these last several months, because, had I not had to get up outta bed to let them out and let them in, and feed them and water them, well, there are days I would never have gotten out of bed. They've been my rescuers so to speak.
Sometimes I do think life might be easier without them, but it would be far emptier. I also know that sometimes I think James communicates to me through Foster and Kini. Foster always brings me his ball when I cry, for there is no crying in baseBALL. But he gives me loves and shows me he needs me but not only that, I also need him.
So, my dogs, those are the animals I am thankful for.














0 comments:
Post a Comment