Yesterday, Mom and I were working on two cakes for a regular customer. We got the one stacked, but the icing I put on the bottom layer was really thin and it squished out of the sides. Bummer! But we fixed it with a fondant ribbon. Then, We were working on the second cake which was to be a flop-ear bunny. I got it mostly done, put his ears on, but he fell apart, his head broke right off. It was so sad. So we had to start over. Jim, Ben, and Tish were happy to eat the other dismembered bunny though and James suggested we just put it on a sheet cake with a "tire" track through it. Mom said "no."
The cakes are for twin one year olds. The mom--who is the regular customer--has three boys (one of the twins is a boy) and a girl--the other twin. So she wanted the stacked almost wedding type cake for the little girl and something boyish/Easterish for the boy. Mom got a different pan and has been working on finishing it this morning so we can take it up there. I have to get dressed so I can go with.
I have made jigglers, deviled eggs, and B-Jo potatoes so far this morning. I need to make Smishshamshio too, but don't know where I am going to put it, I am out of fridge room.
So, Hoppy Easter!!! Everyone. Until next time...
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment