This evening Mom and I met James and Jim at the McKay Events Center at UVSC to attend the Spring Home and Garden Show. We had free tickets and we like to go, see new things get a few freebies, stuff like that. I was a little disappointed though. It didn't seem as good as it has been in the past.
I did wrangle a few pieces of chocolate and we got popcorn from two of James's bosses. Chocolate BYU ice cream as well. I bought a cute little bee magnet and we did see a few things we liked, but it didn't seem as full as it had in the past or have enough variety. I don't know... It's just seemed better before.
While we were waiting for Jim and James, we saw these two bloodhounds in the back of a jeep. They kept barking and braying. When James got there he wanted to go see them, but it would've meant having to walk down and then later back up the stairs he'd already walked up once.
After, mom went home (she found her car and did not get lost--which was a very good thing for there were no clothes racks to hide out in--private joke) and James and I went to dinner at Chili's. I still had a gift card and he thought he was whithering away into nothingness. We had a good waiter and our food was tasty as well. The poor people at the table behind and across from us though were really mad, they never got their food and had been waiting a very long time. I think their waiter goofed up, or the kitchen, they were trying to get the manager over to their table and the managers were busy... It was a little tense. I'm just glad it wasn't us.
While we were there I saw one of my former employees from DQ. Kelly's pregnant and her baby's dad (she didn't say husband--so maybe just a boyfriend?) works at Chili's too. When he introduced himself as Shawn I said I was B-Jo and he then paused to ask, "didn't you do the community service stuff?" I told him yes, and he said he'd done hours with me. I 'bout die (from the humor of the whole situation) and James says I am as bad as my Grandpa--can't take me anywhere without me finding someone I know to talk to. Go figure--I thought it was ironic that two youths from my past crossed paths and hooked up. Small world--isn't it?
Now I'm waiting for my food to settle and avoiding the laundry. I still have to work on getting some stains out of one of James's shirts. Guess I should really work on it.
Got some other things to work on as well.
If anyone is inclined, I could use some additional prayers over the next few days while preparing for and dealing with Cabela's (hereafter known as the "scum-sucking pigs" or "the sons of motherless goats") filing an appeal for my unemployment benefits. It stressed me out so bad yesterday, I woke this morning with an extremely upset tummy and running to the bathroom more times than I'd care to admit to. I did some praying of my own, and I'm trying really hard to leave this in Heavenly Father's hands, but I still worry.
Thanks, all, and until next time...
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment