YES, it's true, I believe there must be something either through the testing process, or through their after-hire training, that causes those individuals who work for the United States Postal Service, to move slower than Gary in Bikini Bottom!
I went to the post office today to buy some stamps, now I had to buy them from the post office, because I have a large number of out-dated stamps (believe it or not, I still have some of the 34¢ variety). So I was buying 2¢, 4¢, and 7¢ (although they came as 5¢ and 2¢) so I can use up my postage stamps. Next time I am buying forever stamps, so when the rates go up, I can use the forever ones...
But when I went in, there was a line, that WAS NOT MOVING. There were TWO people behind the counter, and a third eventually found her way out to help, but they move so slow (I am sure it doesn't help that the customers they were assisting were likely to have needed signs of the Engvall variety as well, but I digress).
I just had to get that off of my chest. In the meantime, I'm going to have a PB&J, hibernate Sunny, and head to mom's to plan a wedding cake (for a friend who did the right thing and finally waited until NOW to get married). I told James if I had it to do over, I wouldn't get married at 20, 31 even seems young... I also told him, next time I'm marrying for money, I've already married for love...LOL
Until next time...
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




1 comments:
I hate that! Years ago I did work as a mystery shopper for the USPS. I'd go stand in line with my screaming toddler and a package to mail and keep track of things like how long the line took to get to the front, uniforms, advertising, etc... you just wouldn't believe some of the awful reports I had to turn in. I actually felt guilty. But that was tempered by the fact that I was annoyed with having to wait 40 minutes in line. LOL
Post a Comment