CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Today was my Birthday...

...na na na na na na...

Doesn't have the same affect as the tune running through my brain, but it's my blog, I'll babble if I want to.

So, I was trying to sleep in when my dear, sweet Jamus called to say he needed the coat he wears in the shop cause he is cold and did I wash it? So I told him no I did not wash it, but I would bring it to him.

Then, I came back home, checked the mail, both snail and email, I have email cards to still read, but the computer is being contrary with me so they may have to wait.

Then I went to Mom's. I'd been trying to decide where to go for my birthday lunh, and I couldn't decide. So after mom got cleaned up, we left...

First, I had to go renew my driver's license as it expired today. I would've done it by mail, but with the address on my current license being the old address, I decided I had better go in, just in case. Here is the best thing that happened all day though, as mom and I were walking in a man was leaving and telling his little boy to come on, it was time to go. As the little boy was going out, he says to his dad, "but dad, I don't want to go, I like it here, it's fun." Oh--my--heck!! I was doubled over in laughter, I thought I was gonna die it was so funny!!! It was truly worht the trip to the DMV.

That being the best, I actually now have the WORST driver's license photo of my life. I figure that isn't to bad, given it's taken me till 32 to get it, so for 16 years I didn't have a DL, for 16 years I had DLs with decent, if not attractive photos, and now, for at least five years, I will have a crummy photo. I suppose that isn't too bad. I'll just have to renew in person again so I can get a better photo next time.

The man who was in charge of taking the photos, he was really nice though. He noticed I was a bi-centennial baby (though he said centennial, I knew what he meant). I said yeah, and he said, well everything from that year is a collectable, so I must be a collectable too, I thought that was really nice. He also commented on my name, Bonita, meaning pretty in Spanish. He said it fit, so I thought that was pretty nice.

Okay, so that didn't take too long, and we were off to a little dollar store in Provo, where mom had seen in a newspaper ad they had cute vases she thought she might could use for Valentine's day gifts for home and visiting teaching families. She's going to put cookie bouquets done on bamboo skewers in them. We wandered around that store, and when we left there, I think I had finally decided where I was going for food.

As we were driving back up the hill into Orem, Cindy called mom asking if she could feed Shinook regular people food becaus e she was looking at baby food and boy was it expensive! Mom assured her it would be okay, she might just have to cook things a little longer so Shinook could chew or gum it as his top two teth haven't quite come in yet. It did soulnd like Cindy was doing a little batter dealing with Mexico Harmohnee's passing.

Oh, and mom totally blew my deaths or bad things come in threes, because Grandma Donna had sent my b-day card to mom's house with a letter for mom and in it told mom Fran Miskimins had died. Fran was Toby's wife. So, now I'm at four, which means either my theory was wrong, or I now have two more to go somewhere. I'll keep a few others in extra prayers, or something.

Okay, so Mom and I ate at Carrabba's Italian Grill. I had the grilled salmon with spaghetti pomodoro. The salmon was good, but I didn't like the sauce they put on top of it, so I scraped it off. Mom had chicken with prosiccutio (spelling?) and cheese and mushrooms, she eats mushies when she can and Jim isn't around. I just hope the tomato sauce on the spaghetti we both had doesn't kill her tummy later. We both had Italian salads and Italian Cream Sodas, mom's was chocolate, mine was raspberry. No room for dessert, course we started with zuchinni fritte, that was pretty tasty too.

After we left there, we ran over to Costco, to pick up a few things. I needed eggs and powdered sugar so I can make some cakes. James needed Prilosec, he gets as cranky without that as he does with out his anti-anxiety med. Then we went to Archiver's to the Rubber Stamping Basics class. I needed it for training and I asked mom if she wouldn go with me--as what I wanted to do for my b-day. It was fun. We learned stuff from that. We walked down to build-a-bear so I could show her the cute polar bear. I'm thinking I might get that for Shinook for his birthday, I just have to decide which one to get for James (and that is J2) for is birthday. I already got Mackenzie's.

Anyway, I really should be getting to bed. I am supposed to sub at a middle school for a French teacher tomorrow. Then I work at Archiver's. I'm closing and there is a mania tomorrow night, so I'll be there till midnight (not so thrilled about that). But I love that job, a lot. I kinda hope I could get the FT supervisor/event coordinator position. I'll have to talk to Elaine about it. I also have to see about making sure she doesn't schedule me on Tuesday nights... since that's when I teach Wilton classes.

Until next time...

1 comments:

Susie J. said...

You know, about 5 times y'day I thought to myself "I need to either call or email bjo" and then got distracted and didn't do it. Sorry!
Happy Birthday Darlin'!!