CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 1, 2008

The latest on my crazy health

If you are easily grossed out, don't want to receive too much information, or really could care less about what bizarre things my body has been through lately, you should quit reading, now.

In the event you really want to hear about what all has been going on, keep reading, if it gets to be TMI, well, you have your agency and you can stop. I just want a record of what all has been going on.

Okay, Monday, I went in to the doctor. I've had pain in my jaw/teeth/cheek/ side of face, whatever since last week. When I went in ti the doc, I had several complaints. A sinus infection is what I believed was causing the pain in my head (because I had also had sinus-like headaches, etc). I have noticed I likely had a yeast infection as well. On top of that late Sunday night was having issues with going potty. It hurt. So I figured I had a bladder or some other kind of urinary tract infection. But here is the topper... I have had discharge coming out of the nipple on my left breast. It started and I thought it was just some kind of possible hormonal thing. Maybe my body weirded out and it was coming out of the milk ducts. I looked things up on the net, and found some possibilities. Well, it kept getting worse, more pus-like looking, what I choose to call ooze and gook. Then it started to have some streaks of blood in it. My breast was also red and swollen and warm to the touch. You could also feel lumpies underneath the areola. So, the doc put me on antibiotics, gave me a med for the yeast infection and some pain pills. So then yesterday, I was getting more ooze and gook out, only now it seemed way more bloody than it should have been and it sort of freaked me out. Back to the doc this AM. He said it is getting better, keep taking the meds, an did I want something for pain. I told him he gave me the scrip for lortab, but it sometimes didn't even touch the pain. So he gave me a scrip for percocet. YAY! Pain pills! They knock me out and I have been drugged up a lot lately and totally out of it.

Course now we get back to the pain in my mouth, that I thought was tied to sinuses, but has proven to actually be some kind of abscess in my tooth. I went to the dentist on Tuesday. He said he couldn't tell from the x-ray, but it is a wisdom tooth that has moved down as a regular tooth, has already had a really DEEP filling, and could possibly be saved. We decided to wait and see if the antibiotics would help reduce the inflammation and pain, it didn't, so we called the dentist back to see about the endodontist who would do the root canal. Just the root canal would have been $875. Then we would have to go back to the dentist (because the endo doesn't do this part) to get a temporary crown which would be around $200 and back to the dentist later to get the permanent crown which would be between $600 and $700. I told mom I thought that was way too much money for a stupid tooth and I would just as soon get it yanked. So tomorrow morning I go back to have them pull my painful tooth. Oh joy!

All I can really say is thank heavens I have pain pills!!!

Until next time...

1 comments:

Susie J. said...

Oh, B..... ((((huge hugs)))) I hope the pain meds do their job until the antibiotics have done theirs.