Okay here goes…
I went to see the oncologist today. I will likely have four rounds of chemo, big names of drugs I cannot remember, but have a packet to read about. I actually go in on Monday the 28th and have a port implanted, and start my chemo the next day on the 29th. Then I will go in another three weeks to have the next round.
At the same time I will be starting another type of chemo as well, called herceptin. If you want to read more about it, feel free by going to breastcancer.org, they have some really excellent info about it and how it is related to the HR2Nu (her 2 new) receptor, for which I was positive. The tests they did for the hormones were what was negative… there is so much involved it seems so difficult to keep up.
For the herceptin treatments, I will receive those at the same time as the other chemo, but I will have those treatments for one year, every three weeks.
I’m still sore and sometimes when I move just so, it hurts like heck… But, my spirits are good and I will get to spend Christmas with one of my nieces and two of my nephews, along with my brother and sister-in-law…
I so appreciate all the prayers and thoughts coming my way and on my behalf. I know that has helped me so much, has helped the doctors, and my spirits and attitude.
Thank you , thank you all, and please have a Merry Christmas!
I will certainly let you know how I feel after the chemo…
With all my love,
B-Jo
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




1 comments:
(((HUGS)))
I hope and pray that you were able to find some peace and comfort today in this lovely holiday season!!
Remember to take some YOU TIME! I know you are and I'm sure that you have lovely family that is making sure that you continue to do so.
Down the road...after a few weeks or months or so...treat yourself to a massage!! I know someone personally who had Reiki Massages each week during her chemo. They are very gentle massages and with the right person...can be very helpful!!
((((HUGS))))
Gala
Post a Comment