CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Two weeks after Mastectomy

I had my surgery two weeks ago today.

I was able to have my drain removed yesterday, that was wonderful.  Having a drain, that was different for me and without totally grossing everyone out, I am glad it is gone.  I have pain up and down my left arm and into my hand now though.  Dr. Tittensor described it as a stretching pain and said it was normal.  Normal or not, it still hurts.

I go see the oncologist on Monday.  I am looking at traditional chemotherapy and a treatment of chemo that will start after the traditional chemo.  The traditional kind will likely be 4 to 6 treatments spread out.  I will have a treatment, have two weeks, and then have another treatment.  I will likely lose my hair, yay for me... LOL.

The second treatment is called Herceptin, and that one is once a month for either 12 to 24 months.

With these treatments I am looking at having a port placed under my skin on the right side, to help salvage my veins and such.

In the meantime, I have been resting, gaining weight--that is what happens when you sit around and do nothing-- and trying to keep myself entertained.

I will let everyone know more when I know too.

Until next time...

0 comments: