I really didn't mean to try and let a whole week go by without posting. I had started to one day, but got sidetracked by different things.
I could go through the days I missed and fill in the blanks, if appropriate.
Tuesday--had cake deco class. It was the last night for course one students, they struggled with their roses, but they did a good job overall. I always tell them it took me a long time to get to where I am, lots and lots of practice. I always find it entertaining how some students really struggle with roses and others, it seems to just click with them. Crazy I know...
Wednesday--this was the day I would just as soon have skipped. I got a call from the Utah UI office, the guy was just following up on things and clarifying things from me, but by the time I got off the phone with him, much of my hope was gone. I'd been doing so good, having hope and faith that everything will work out as it is supposed to. However, after that phone call, Satan managed to worm his way into doubts and fears I had not had, and allowed me to dwell on those fears. It's been a struggle. I finally went to bed with the notion that I would get up the next day and I would be better, and back to my hopeful self. That's not to say that I hadn't gotten anything done that day, I did laundry and messed around in scrapbook stuff. One of these days I am going to get that and all my craft stuff organized better. I did have one good thing though, I took my application for Police Administrative Assistant to Saratoga Springs City. So that was a good thing.
Thursday--okay did I wake more hopeful? Not at first. At first, I was still feeling some of the stress and fears and doubts that had brought me down the day before, but I told myself, I couldn't keep being dragged down. Heavenly Father had let me know that this was what was supposed to happen, and while I didn't know how, things would work out. After I was reminded of these things, it really did help. So Thursday was a lot easier to get through. I did more laundry and some other things, but I cannot remember what all I did.
Friday--today I read, did some laundry and made a cake for Karol's son. Karol is the nurse who comes to flush James's port. She was coming that afternoon and we worked out a trade. She comes to do the flush and I make her cakes for her for her family. She only asked for white cake, white frosting, and it needed to be masculine for her son turning 20. So it was a little plain for my tastes, cause I prefer to work with a theme. After she did James's port, he took a nap, he has just been drug out and it's been hard for him. I kind just puttered around. I also cleaned out our pantry, straightened it up and was able to close the doors--can you say holy cow!?!
Saturday--James wanted to go to DI to look for a treadmill, he is convinced that is the only way we are going to get any exercise if we have a treadmill, I should've gone walking today, it was so nice. We went to Mommy's house, she had Oxy Clean for me. Then James bugged me about being hungry and Mommy was trying to finish her newsletter for Sunday. So we left and headed to the Chinese Buffet in Orem, I don't know how many time I have told James, but it is senseless to take me to a buffet. I just cannot eat enough to make it worthwhile. So after that I wanted to go to the Distribution Center in Orem, James didn't realize there was one there. He was asking me after we left how long it had been there. Guess that happens when you misplace a year. We went to Wal-Mart to pick up a few essentials and then came home where again James fell asleep before he had to go to Hart's to work. Silly boy. I, on the other hand, cleaned up some things, put up some St. Pat's decorations and looked for missing boxes of books, which I still haven't found, I plan on looking again tomorrow.
That brings us to today, Sunday--I went to church, James went to work at Hart's (he had traded someone a shift from when we went to Pinedale). Church was good, I almost made it completely through Fast and Testimony meeting with nary a tear, until this sweet little boy got up and his sweet little testimony wasn't a lot of words, but packed a punch of the Spirit. So then while we sand our closing hymn "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" some of the verses just got to me more, as I love the hymn anyway. Sunday School had an excellent lesson and Relief Society was fine, until there was enough time for some testimonies, I was fine until one sister got up and talked about how often it is so difficult to say those three little words "I Love You." It was spurred by a little girl who was with her grandma and had been telling her grandma loud enough for all to hear that she loved her grandma over and over. There was some other intro as well, but I cannot totally recall. Let's just say her words also invoked the Spirit in such a way that I was again touched. Of course that lady told us a tidbit. She had gotten up during Sacrament as well, with a young girl she had been sitting by. The little girl had agreed to go up with her, but she had to go first. The little girl got a hug from her daddy (who was on the stand for stake business). After they both bore testimony they returned to their seats, where the little girl went to her mommy for a hug and even cried a little. When the sister asked the little girl if she knew why she was crying she said yes she knew why. So the sister prodded a little further by asking why. The little girls statement was precious, it was Heavenly Father and Jesus's way of telling her they loved her and were proud of her for bearing her testimony. I couldn't believe it, there are times I have cried when sad, or cried when happy, but I think I always want to think that when I cry--happy or sad-- it's Heavenly Father's way of reminding me I am loved very much by Him and by His Son. Plus maybe then I won't feel so bad about being a cry baby.
So there, I am more or less caught up. I had Visiting Teacher's come see me today and I'm just vegging a little. I'll probably go read a book or something and go to bed. I've got things to do this week and I want to make sure I get them done.
Until next time...or at least until I find a better sign off...
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




1 comments:
I'm so jealous of your cake deco skills. That's one of my new goals to learn.
Post a Comment