I love days like today, where I tend to want to lounge around in my pjs hoping that there is nothing pressing to do. I finished yet another book, checked emails and surfed a little, made a few important calls and overall just did a whole lot of nothin'! So maybe I should have chosen to do something a little more productive, there's always plenty to do, but I did hold the vent cover for the dryer vent momentarily while James drilled the hole for the screws (or at least while he was starting to drill). Then I got him parts and pieces he'd left on the table and got him the hammer and screwdrivers he didn't get before he started.
Plus I made dinner, including from scratch enchilada sauce. (The steak we had last week, well, James tried to tenderize it with both a mallet tenderizer and by putting a seasoned meat tenderizer on it. Apparently he did not realize that the tenderizer was mostly salt, so he got way too much. So he couldn't eat his cause it was too salty). So we had steak enchiladas. They were okay, albeit still a little salty.
I'm thinking I'm going to make lasagna sometime this week, so if anyone is interested, I'll let you know when I make it so you can get here for some. James claims it is always better the second day, or at least reheated.
Good news is, I have an interview on Thursday for a Social Work position. I am excited about that. Which brings me to my editorial for this edition of my blog...
Did you see the story about the young men in Texas who were burglary suspects. Police officers had a search warrant for the home they were staying at and while there came across further criminal activity. These young men had video tape of them allowing a two-year-old boy and a five-year-old boy smoking marijuana. OH MY HECK!!!!! Can you believe it? I want to ask who in their right mind would do this, honestly, but they were obviously not in their right minds, duh. I know there are parents who drug their children, benadryl, a little heavier dose of cough syrup, but an illegal substance? I mean I know I had sips of dad's beer as a kid and begged mom to drink coffee (which she tells me was more milk than coffee), but come on, where is the line people? Charging those men with child endangerment or whatever it was they were charged with, well, to me it just doesn't seem to be enough, there has got to be all sorts of things those guys could be charged with for one idiotic act. Plus I am sure this was not likely the first time, given that the boys in the video seemed so eager for their "hit." We need to voice our opinions to lawmakers on this issue, as well as those who will be trying and hearing the case. Don't let them plead out and throw not just one books, but all of them at these men. It is not funny, it is not entertainment, it is cruel and unusual punishment to our future. The sad thing is, I know there are other people out there offering children, be they ones they are close to or ones they are strangers to, all kinds of things. We know there are children sold into slavery, into sex trades, we know there a pushers out there plying children with a variety of illegal drugs. How can we protect children if they are not even protected in their own homes? I think these men need to be made examples of so that future potential parents or role models will think twice before they allow their children or someone else's children to participate in illegal activities.
Okay, off the soap box now. Sorry, the news reminded me, and James says one of my favorite places to be is on my soapbox. So until I find a better sign off, until next time....
Halloween Cut File 3 of 31 - Candy Corn Wreath
14 hours ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment